Friday, August 26, 2005

Another - OH MY GOSH - I AM A Parent Moment!

Today we had a 'meet the teacher' day at the girls preschool. It was surreal. I, the former teacher, was finally sitting on the other side of the desk listening to expectations and plans for the year for my children!! Yikes! Aside from the first time I drove the family in the minivan, this was another moment when I really felt like I was a parent. Now I know that everyday I take care of the girls but it is when I am doing something stereotypical and others are watching that I suddenly feel like I fit the image of a parent. I know wierd. Overall, meeting the teachers went well. I can't wait to buy SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!! I know wierd.

We put the girls into seperate classrooms - and if I had readers (at all or with twins for that matter) I am sure that you would be either cheering or yelling at me for breaking them up. We decided to let the girls have some time to be individuals. They are so close and have really been together since the womb but we just felt they might benefit from learning to be themselves. It was a hard decision but they both looked so proud going into their classrooms yesterday that for now I feel like we did the right thing. I mean it is just for two mornings a week and it a very low pressure atmosphere!

Wow, this is getting long!! I have to go organize a couple of playdates and a mom's night out for the twins club so I quess I should stop procrastinating. Oh, and start packing for the beach since we leave soon!! So much to do - I just don't want to do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home