Friday, February 24, 2006

And the pictures continue . . .

The kitchen countertops Kelli?? I guess you haven't seen them yet!!! We put these in with our tax refund the year after the girls were born!! I tiled the backsplash with DH's dad - and we love it!! We also put new hardware on the cabinets, and our parents bought us the new stove! (The old one was electric - but we had a gas connection - and I wanted to use the gas!) Then I kept taking pictures - one of Mr.Blue - the oldest Beta ever (almost 4 years old) and Goose - who is looking a little Gray around the face - but as lazy and as hungry as ever! So enjoy!

















We loved this granite! But you can't see if they are dirty or not - which is great, except when you put something down on them and the counters are dirty. It happens all the time!! There are crumbs or spilled juice - and it gets on everything. But then when people come over - I don't really have to worry about the countertops because they look clean! And because I am using the digital camcorder - the colors are really dark - it actually looks a lot brighter than these pics!















So this is the tile - we just bought it at Home Depot - and it was a really cheap backsplash. And I learned how to use a tile cutter - and install tile. It is really easy!! The granite was a splurge. But the countertops were cream laminate and they were coming apart on the edges and were really stained!





Mr. Blue and Goose - the other kids in the house!

3 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

goose looks cross eyed, is he? wow, if the dog is getting gray, we must really be old!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

wow... your kitchen is pretty! i LOVE black appliances... i can't wait until i can decorate my own house.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

ooohie I love and Hubby says he approves...I really like your tile. I wish I would've done mine myself, I would've done something much cuter! LOL.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home