Friday, February 24, 2006

The blog I thought would never end and get published . . .

Well, I went skating yesterday and I loved my mom's skates!! It was awesome having ankle support and blade that actually had an edge!! I improved and then remembered that these skates have a really wicked toepick. So yes, as you can imagine, I was skating along. Practicing my mohawks, when all of sudden . . . Toepick! And down I went, knee, chest, pride. But as soon as I stopped sliding across the ice, I got right up and acted as if nothing had happened. But later, after the session was over, I sat down and looked at me knee. Wowser, it was bruised. When A and B saw it later on, they were impressed that I had a 'purple boo-boo!' So I had to take pictures of my first adult skating career injury and share it with all of you!! Then since I had the camera out - I decided to take pictures of the furniture that I 'inherited' early from Joe. And then I took pictures of the kitchen, and realized that I need a maid. Yup, I need a maid. Too bad I won't get one, so today, will be "I am the Maid day" and after I finish this entry for a second time (A and B tried to help me) I will get to work. . . .


My Left knee - the 'purple boo-boo!' It really doesn't look that bad here - but it is really hard to take a picture of your own knee.














So here are the pics of the new furniture! I really do like the round table, clawed feet and all. And it all seems to coordinate with the new paint that I did in December!! Luckily!






















This is was I call the Saloon! Picture a bartender behind it, bar stools in front and a display of liquor bottles along the top - and - VIOLA - an old west saloon!! But it does have alot of storage space and DH never thought he would own furniture with toenails!! The clawed feet do have impressive detail!

















And this is my original buffet that we shipped over from Granny's house in Scotland. It is really more my taste than the 'saloon.' But I just don't have anywhere else that the saloon will fit. And I just wanted to take a picture of it - because it completes the set of pictures of the 'real' furniture that we have in our house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

wow... your knee is gross! :o) good job! and that furniture is beautiful... so classic. i love the darker wood color.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I love that furniture...when did we grow up????

Owie knee...are you icing three times a day from 20 minutes?

I want to see those countertops baby!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home