Thursday, May 18, 2006

Just chatting . . .

So I have been working in the backyard for the last couple of afternoons b/c it has grown wild! We have a forest in the backyard and it is such a waste of space - so I have been clearing it out! I have sawed down about 4 trees and found that two of our really big trees are rotting at the bottom. One of them we are going to take down this weekend, but I love the other one and it is about 3 feet in diameter - so I can only imagine that it has been here for hundreds of years. So I might have to find a tree 'doctor' to come and look at it - does anyone know anything about tree medicine?? Ahh, I quess I will have to do a little research!!

I went skating today, surprised?? I actually got a half revolution on the new loop jump - which is good since I didn't even want to leave the ice on Tuesday. My scratch spin was actually fast and only traveled about a foot instead of my usual three feet - which is really bad. And, I bought a skirt to skate in. I was getting so hot in pants - and I found this really boxy skirt with no frills, no fancy-schmancy stuff - and I really liked it. And now I don't have to worry about my blades getting tangled with my pant legs! Stop laughing . . .

We are on our way out tonight to this . . .
http://alpharetta.ga.us/index.php?p=195

I just hope that dh gets home within the next few minutes b/c the girls are hungry and the Little Mermaid is almost over and I have to fast forward through the scary part at the end for them!! I hope that you all had a good day!! And Summer I hope that you had fun at Old Navy, Annette I hope that your students were quiet, and Kelli - I still carry both girls at the same time when I have too - so I must have arms of steel and flab!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

that looks like super fun :) Have fun...you are so cool to be working out in the yard, M would love it if I did..but with Bees its really hard.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

we made sure our new backyard has not one stitch of "stuff" in it besides grass... the house we're in now has a full-time yard that looks like poo since neither one of us has the time to control it. hope you had fun at the festival!! looks yummy!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home