Monday, July 10, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

Well, we got home from our marathon of family visits in Virginia yesterday. We drove into the garage and it smelled foul. DH says, 'whoops, I guess I forgot to empty the trashcan' (the one we keep in the garage.) Meanwhile, I am getting the kids out of their carseats and dh says, "Karen, you'd better not come in here. It REALLY smells becuase the refrigerator broke while we were gone."

OH MY GOSH - I WAS IN THE DRIVEWAY AND I COULD SMELL IT! It was/is the worst smelling thing in the world. Now, I can brag about changing poopy diapers and catching vomit in my bare hands BUT I COULD NOT GO INTO THE HOUSE!! So dh emptied out the fridge and freezer contents - the costco sized bag-o-chicken nuggets, the costco sized bag-o-chicken breasts, the costco sized bag of lean chicken burritos, the costco bag sized vegetables, the frozen whole chicken fryers from costco, the frozen meals and realized that the costco -size pack of frozen orange juice in the freezer had melted and dripped down the back of the fridge - left a trail - and was moldy.

I didn't take any pictures because one hand was always busy holding my nose shut. HOLY COW - (actually it did smell like a cow had died in here) it still smells.

Anyway the repair guy just left. He found the problem and fixed it for now, he says that the part he replaced breaks frequently and the replacement usually works 90% of the time. If it doesn't fix the problem, he refunds us for the part - and we have to buy a new fridge. Trust me, as much as I don't want to spend $1500 if the smell doesn't go away, working or not, we might just have to do it! PUKE!

And if you remember I have a pretty bad gag reflex, which makes this whole situation just the worst thing - but PRAISE GOD that dh has a really bad sense of smell and did all the dirty work.

The Repair guy did say to spray it down with bleach cleaner and of course we only had like an inch of it left in the bottle. So I am off to the grocery store to buy cleaner so that I can go back later and buy groceries!

And we did have a great trip! We had a fantastic time with Kelli and her family. A and B talked about Bees and Munchkin the rest of the trip and wanted to know if we could go back there to play!! We came home with their new fall wardrobe and some fancy new Grandparent-gift toys - so I really can't complain too much!! And if you are ever in Richmond and you need kids clothes - there is a CWD outlet that has boutique clothes from last season 60 - 80% off - amazing!! MIL went crazy - and we will have the best dressed kids in preschool in the fall!!! Love IT!

Now, I have to read my 200+ emails and catch up on all of your lives!! I hope that everyone is doing well - As soon as I can breathe freely in my house without gagging I will update again!! K OUT

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

you didn't say anything about my funny video ;(

I can't believe that happened to you...I'm so sorry!

CWD outlet...where where????

4:56 AM  
Blogger annette said...

wow, you do a lot of shopping at costco...good thing it won't cost a lot to replace all that food. gotta love $2.99 bags of chicken nuggets!

and if your hubby was able to smell it, it was really really bad!!!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home