Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Christmas Present!

This year for Christmas I decided that what I really wanted was to have a couple of trees that were too close to the house removed. So they came this week and took the three trees down. Two of them were next to the fireplace and hit the house when it was windy and the other was a very LARGE tree next to the deck that had been slowly leaning towards the house. So . . . here are the pics from the day! It was rainy and I couldn't go outside and take pics, so this is what we saw from inside. I was really impressed with the way the man just climbed up the tree and then when he got to the top he was just standing up there on a horizontal limb like it was nothing. He was above the house on this branch and I couldn't even imagine feeling that comfortable up there, perched like a bird. So anyway I thought you all might enjoy these. They haven't finished grinding the stumps yet, so I will take all finished pics soon and as soon as it stops raining here! There are two cute ones of the girls. But, just ignore all the mess on Gem's face - she just can't keep it clean!











And I am adding this one that they took of me at the rink today . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

wow look at you! sooo cool! I love that one of the girls, adorable :)

and tree guys are fun. ours everyone comes running when he comes cuz he's so "hot"...LOL

5:33 PM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

you are such a super star Karen!!! so cool!
did you keep the trees for firewood? free heat! :-) spoken like a true northerner stuck in an ice storm!

give the girls a kiss! they are so great!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home