Thursday, October 09, 2008

What was I thinking??

Today the girls and I ran over to JoAnn's fabric to get some elastic for some EASY to sew skirts, this is the one I made yesterday.


So, we walk in the store and there is the most gorgeous Fairy costume on a small mannequin. The girls went NUTS! "MOMMY, I LOVE THAT ONE!! I WANT THAT ONE!"

Well, I say, hum, I just made a skirt, so I CAN DO THAT FOR YOU!! What was I thinking?? So, here is what I have so far: 8 yards of slippery satiny fabric, Gold trim, A VERY COMPLICATED pattern (no the word EASY is not on the front) and the elastic that I went to get.



Who wants to make a bet that I am at Target on the 31st, begging the girls to be the fluffy bunny b/c that is the only costume left???????

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I love the skirt! Good luck on the girls' costumes.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I'm sorry are you trying to one-up me on motherhood or something??? you do know that b/c of the new fairy movie out, your girls can be anyone of them!???? oh boy..you know what the great thing about all this is, you're going to do it and it's going to be awesome! Just remember HOT GLUE is your friend, esp. when it's only for one night! :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

thankfully my son wants to be Elliot, so all I have to find is a red hoody....as for V...well I'm hoping one of the plethora of dress-up dresses will do...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

Hot glue and a bit of patience- did you pick up some patience, and creativity at joanne's too?
here's my trick to halloween costumes: "Mom..." (my mother in law) "so J was thinking of being 'x' for halloween...i'm not quite sure how i should go about making..." 'what's that? you're offering to just do it for me? okay!"
and that's how it goes for me :-) sorry!
J is being a 'jack-o-lantern' (get it??) and E wants to be piglet or she said she is willing to be a heffalump OR a woozel if i can't make a heffalump! how graciously flexible of her! $10 for the first person to list 5 distinquishing characteristics between a heffalum and a woozel.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home