Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sun, Sand, Sand and More SAND!!

So, we are here at the beach!! It is beautiful and sunny - amazing since a there are a few states that are underwater right now. I actually feel a little guilty enjoying our vacation since there are so many people suffering in LA and Miss. My prayers are with everyone in those areas affected by Katrina. We almost moved to Slidell LA when I was a kid. Back in the 80's there was a truckstop and a Walmart (the first Walmart I had ever been too) and that was about it. I wonder if they are still there??? All I remember of the area was the smell of swampgas after it rained and thinking that my brother kept farting - nice memory huh??

There is alot of sand here. I never noticed how much sand could travel back to the house until we took the twins to the beach. Now, we have been with them to the beach before but I don't remember it like this - it seems like we play at the beach and then we shower, but there is still small amounts of hidden sand on feet, legs and arms. The floor, the shower, the car - all sandy. YIKES - any good sand removal tips??

Also, alligators live on the island. They are in the canal behind our 'beach house' and on the golf course. There are signs everywhere saying don't feed the alligators - um, duh. They also say that the alligators can move 'fast' when they want to - um, scary. So far we have only seen two . . . but that is enough for me!!

Remember to hug and love your family today!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

been thinking about you and your trip. Guess you are home now? How's gas? FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE???

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home