Friday, March 17, 2006

Finally Friday

I am really looking forward to this weekend!! I don't know why this week has gone by so slowly . . . ever since Tuesday I have been convinced it was Friday. But it is here now and YEAH!

I had my first tennis match of the season yesterday, and the drive there took longer than the match. One of the women we played had never played b4 and so we won quickly and tried not to be too excited. It really isn't fun to beat someone that has never played. I prefer good matches that make me run and get a workout, but I don't mind having the 6-0, 6-0 score next to my name.

We put 'big girl' swings on the swingset this week. I can't believe the girls can get onto the swing and use it all by themselves. But there favorite thing to do is get on the swing on their belly, turn in circles twisting up the chains as much as they can and then swinging around in crazy - fast circles. They have a ball. Then last weekend I raked paths in the woods out back and the girls think they are 'hiking' in the woods. It is really funny b/c they pretend to get lost and then give each other directions. And then we also hear the familiar "Go THAT WAY" "Stop Following me, mommy, make her stop, I want to play by myself."

And the drama with the twins club continues this week! We had an online board meeting and the president resigned, but she keeps doing stuff. So now we have to have a face-to-face board meeting here, at my house on Monday. Guess I won't wear my hoop earrings or the high heels!! HEHE But I hate confrontation - I'll have to print out Skettie's picture of the hedgehog and put it on the wall!!

On Saturday the girls are going to a birthday party - the firetruck is coming! Did you know that the firemen will come to a birthday party for free b/c it is considered community service?? So, if you need a birthday party idea (or a bachlorette party hehe) call the firestation! They are also having an inflatable jumper shaped like a firetruck - can we talk about how long they will nap on Saturday afternoon?? WOOHOO!

And Sunday, I am looking forward to a rainy, family day inside. Maybe I will introduce the girls to the Goonies?? But it might be a little early since they still get scared watching the Lion King and they have seen it over 100 times (or it feels like it anyway!)

Okay, I hope that you all have a good weekend - do something fun - smile - Spring is here!! K out

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

hmmm a bachelorette party eh...where is your mind???? Is J going to be with you at this so called "party"?????

drama at your house...can I come...just call me and put the phone on speaker...it'll be like I'm a fly on the wall, ooooh then I could make peep noises and freak everyone out if it gets out of hand. hmmmmmm.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

i always wanted to climb on a fire truck... can i take them to the party?

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home