Friday, March 17, 2006

YOU ONLY HAVE TO READ THIS IF YOU ARE REALLY BORED!

You only have to read this if you are really bored and have nothing better to do.

Because since I might become President of the club soon, I have to start thinking about things to write in the newsletter. I have to write the intro article every month – and even though I can blog, and talk, I hate writing stuff that I have to write. But after the negative experience at the twin sale I want to write about how an attitude, a positive or a negative one can change your life. I personally can be either a glass half empty or a glass half-full person depending on the day. I can stay in my pajamas for 24 hours on the couch or I can spring into action at 6:00 AM and be on the move until dinner. Sometimes I have to work really hard to get off the couch and sometimes I have to work at sitting still. And although I do find sitting on the couch easier, there is a little voice in my head that will keep nagging at me until I do what I have to do. Lately, that nagging voice has been stronger than couch voice but they do tend to balance each other out in the end.

Now, okay, I don’t hear voices, but I do have a voice and it is not always a consistent voice. And this is normal. Some days it is a positive voice and on others it is not. Sometimes things happen to us in life that can bog us down, but my belief is, that although we might have had bad things happen to us, they didn’t happen so that we stay on the couch all day. What is it that we are supposed to do with bad things? I can work and talk with bereaved parents, parents of preemies, and multiples. I can work with adult children dealing with divorce, aging parents, angry parents and siblings that need to get a life. And the list could go on and on, but I know it is what we do with these experiences that forms us as a person. So the question you have to ask, is who am I and what am I supposed to be? What do I want to show the world about what I have learned in my short years here on earth? What am I going to continue to show them, as I get older – if I live to 100, I have just started on the second quarter? Yikes!

You can’t live a healthy life on the couch. So you have to deal with the feelings that get you on the couch in the first place. And letting yourself acknowledge the fact that you do have these feelings can be hard and it can feel like a big black hole. The hole that has been dug for you – has also been dug for you to get out of. And sometimes, as you climb out of the hole, you realize that you dug the hole yourself – and then you feel pretty dumb. And sometimes you can’t dig yourself out by yourself. You need help and support from friends and those that can see the hole and the stairs out of it from a different point of view.
So why am I rambling? Because I have dealt with too many people this week that don’t know themselves and those that are willing to stay angry with the world rather than question it and fix it. And I can write here better than on the newsletter software when its blank pages stare back at me. So you have all been treated to a short visit with Karen’s head – and it rambles all the time. And I doubt that I can use any of this for the newsletter!? But there are several other topics of interest for me, but after this cathartic writing experience I am done for today!!

Smile, your head might just be more normal than mine!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

I don't even know what to say! I am laughing so hard right now! Oh I wish I was with you right now! Thank you for that glass half full speech! :)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home