Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Naptime

Well, I know that it is 3:20 in the afternoon and I am just now putting the girls down for a nap and I will regret this at 8:00 tonight when they won't go to bed. But they are still so tired from our trip that they cannot make it through the day without a meltdown right about now! It is so frustrating. Normally they are good humored kids - but ever since school got out in May - they really have been working on their whining skills. They will be able to go back to school in the fall and when the teacher asks them what they did this summer they could say - we learned how to whine. It drives me nuts! And I am tired too. I skated today and it took everything out of me. My coach was pushing me, I was sweating like a pig and then when we were done - and I am supposed to review on my own - I felt so out of shape. Gosh, 4 weeks without really working out and I am back to couch potato status. It stinks.

Complain, complain, complain . . . yikes that is all I am doing. So I am turning this post around . . . Things I am thankful for . . .

1. My dh who puts up with me when I whine
2. My children who make me smile everyday (between the whining)
3. My friends that listen to me whine

just kidding - maybe the girls are whining because I am . . . oh, it is one of 'things that make you go hum' moments . . . so if I am postive - the girls will be too?? Well I will try that tonight after their nap!! Wierd post I know - I am a little punchy!!

And I did love the video that Kelli put on my blog. At first I was like 'we made a video?' But it was totally like us - and is something that we just might have done or might do someday!! It really made me laugh!! Thanks Kelli!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

LOL...yup we're a bunch of whiners! SO funny. I'm so glad though that you are still getting naptime! Who watched the girls while you skated today! IF it makes you feel better I ran today :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger annette said...

remember that pot commercial where the dad asks the son, "where'd you learn about this?" and the son cries, "i learned it by watching you!"...good times!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home