Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wildlife Beach

While we were at the beach we saw a variety of wildlife. Which was strange - I mean the most I have ever seen at the beach have been shells. But we saw starfish and rescued them from drying tide pools! The girls were all about finding the starfish and mommy taking them back out to the ocean! It was really amazing to see them, because so many of them were in the process of regenerating legs!!

We saw a live sand dollar, and they are not white but they are endangered. And of course, I didn't have my camera with me when we saw that!

And yesterday we were not allowed to swim in the water because the coast guard and the lifeguards saw 'big fish' swimming off the coast on their aerial fly-bys. YIKES - can you say, SHARKS!! And while we were just sitting in the sandy water, I put my hand on a big shell, that still had the 'creature' inside - ALIVE! I put that one back in the water - quickly!!

Oh, and the 'wildlife' also included a drunk waiter - that wanted to build sandcastles with us!!!


"The big fish are out there!"


"And they are this big!!!!"


2 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

so fun! and your girls are so adorable! next time am i invited? please????

9:55 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

you are going nutz with the pictures! LOVE them all :)

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home