Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hello from the Truck Stop. . .

Well, my knee is swollen and painful. So I have pulled off the running road and I am waiting for it to get better. I strained it last Wednesday and on Saturday when it felt better, I played tennis for about 3 hours. STOOPID! Because now, I can't even carry Gem in the sling, I have to use the stroller and it doubles as a walker! BOOOHOO! I am icing my knee, taking meds and putting on the Ben Gay - hopefully, I will be able to walk later this week, I am shooting for Thursday at the gym!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

And while I have not been at the gym this week I have been sewing! Gem can wear wool knit as a diaper cover. Some people cut up old sweaters and make pants, well, I was intrigued. So, I took an old wool (thin merino) sweater and made some pants for her. Well, they didn't turn out pretty - but I got the idea. I also made her some new legwarmers out of women's knee socks for Halloween.


And then I went to Goodwill today and bought this wool sweater for $2.50 - and I am going to try again!! We don't have any wool sweaters anymore, guess that is what happens when you live in GA!!



Then I had some old fleece - and it too can be used as a diaper cover. So I used an old pattern and voila, pants.

But Gem wasn't too happy . . .


b/c they were a little big and big sister took them for herself. . .


Guess this is a glimpse of things to come . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's 1AM and this is the funniest post eva!

I'm listening to Dawson's Creek...end of season 3 :) yay!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

You're like "Suzie HOme maker" with the sewing. fleece is the easiest b/c you do'nt have to finish the edges :-) and they aren't itchy :-)
bravo!
i hope your knee feels better. you know you're getting old when you use the word Bengay like it's a normal thing :-)

2:44 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

look at you, sewing!! how do you find the time? those pants are adorable... they look great!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home