Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Which member of our family . . .

spent the weekend blowing tons of $$, passed out, and got their stomach pumped before spending the weekend in the hospital??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The dog.

Yup, he ate an entire bottle (bottle included) of his Deramaxx arthritis medicine. So, when we found the little piece of bottle that was left . . . we rushed him to the emergency vet. They made him throw up, fed him charcoal, hooked him up to an IV and kept him hydrated for 72 hours so that his kidneys wouldn't shut down.

So, we should call this the year of the dog. Is it really - what is on the Chinese calendar this year? But anyway, for a free dog (Kelli) he sure has cost a lot of money this year. But how can you say 'no' to treating a member of your family for his own stupidity.

So we spent the entire weekend carting the dog around to different vets. DH played a lot of tennis and we went to Krispy Kreme for Father's Day. Gem ate her first donut and had her first chocolate milk - she was in heaven.

And the lighthouses - were a pic I borrowed from my favorite forum! I thought they were a really funny mind in the gutter kind of thing! I haven't done links in a while, so in honor of the lighthouses . . .

For your kids to take to Vacation Bible School with them!!!

And I just used to change the stickers around!

Fun Chair - a new storage solution!!

Who needs cars - get your kids a tractor!!

Beer Anyone??


I thought people went to Subway for diets??


And it is summer . . . time for ICE CREAM!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

oh my....I hope he's okay. we are dialoguing right now with a Doodle breeder...I'm getting so excited, so don't show this to Matthew! LOL

3:58 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

yum... bacon flavored ice cream! am i pregnant or what? :o)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

icecream yum. the rubix kid is 20 mins from my house. the chair is strange and knowing me i'd get tangled in it.
Hope goose is okay- poor thing. well, you never said he was gifted!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home