Sunday, June 08, 2008

My birthday in Banchory and Edinburgh!

On my birthday we went to Banchory for lunch. We went to the river to see where the salmon run and jump upstream! It was fun watching for fish jumping up the waterfalls. Then we had lunch at the Banchory Lodge - it was a great birthday party! The view was amazing of the river Dee and they had a trampoline outside! The girls had a blast jumping around!! And all of the adults actually jumped too - dh had never been on one - so he really liked jumping!! My mom has pics of that I think!!
Then after the lunch we had a family/friend tea at my Granny's place. It was so wonderful to see family that I hadn't seen in years!! But I was so busy talking to people that I didn't take any pics with my camera . . . but my mom did!! So sometime I will get them on here too!!

Gem and I at the park - she tried the trampoline but liked the tractor more . . . hum, I guess living in Georgia really does rub off on you!


The Trampoline!!


It was really a good workout!! Anything that wears out 5 year olds . . . must be good!!

Big Girl B - sitting in front of the River Dee. There were fly fisherman there and a it was just gorgeous sitting there on the river bank!

And it really was just spring-like there! The flowers were in bloom and the temperature was a wonderful 50/60/70's everyday. Ahh, it was such a nice change from Hot'lanta.


We went down to my Auntie Liz and Uncle Lawrie's house for a couple of days in Edinburgh! It was so much fun to see them and visit with them - the girls said the beds there were more comfortable there than there beds here at home!! We went to Edinburgh castle, walked the Royal Mile and sent the girls home with Granny in a taxi! Dh and I then wandered through the city by ourselves for a couple of hours. But when he decided he wanted to climb the Walter Scott Memorial - I decided to go shopping at Jenners!! (The toy department there is wonderful!! And one of my favorite places to go from when I was a kid!!)

In Edinburgh we also hiked up Arther's Seat! It was quite a climb but we used to do it everytime we visited, so we had to take the girls up too!! The view from the top was phenomenal! Dh walked up with Gem on his back in the Mei Tei - she promptly fell asleep and napped the entire hike!

The view from the hike!
Dh and Gem at the top of Arthur's Seat!


Big Girls, the Mountain Climbers.

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping!!

Sir Walter Scott Memorial, 287 steps!

Granny and the girls at Edinburgh Castle!

The girls on a cannon!! (And Robb, Mon's Meg was right in front of them!)
And here they are sitting on the cannonballs from the Mon's Meg Cannon!! They thought they were awfully big rocks to throw at someone!! But the cannon, could shoot these 'rocks' up to two miles away . . . that is pretty impressive!!


Here are the girls doing Brass Rubbings! They did great and it was a perfect quiet activity before they went home in the taxi with Granny! They both did unicorn pics!


Looking over the wall!!


Gem! There seem to be a lack of pics of her 'doing' things. That is b/c she was either in the stroller or being carried - but I bet my mom has more pics of her too!!


And the last pic from Edinburgh!! I love this one!



And there are still more to come!!! But there is a gap because my camera broke and for a few days, I had no camera!! Luckily my mom had two and let us use one . . . so there are still a couple of pics to go!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

ahhh your camera broke!!!!!!!!! oh no.

I love love love all your pictures, the girls are world travelers now! WOW. so cool! :)

I can't wait to hear your voice IRL, I miss you! :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

I could look at those pictures all day long! what an experience! my mouth is just hanging open!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home