Sunday, April 27, 2008

Does it count as a vacation if you don't even open the book you brought??

We had a wonderfully exhausting time in Florida!! We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which was beautiful!! It was so fantastic to see the animals right out the window at night and in the morning!I know I didn't take as many pics as I should, but Papa was snapping away with his camera too . . . so there will be more coming!! I learned a lot about traveling with 3 kids . . . and I need a vacation now.

The girls adored Disney and even though they were apprehensive about the characters, they did warm up to a few of them. And they fell in love with roller coasters!! They loved the kids roller coaster 'Barnstormer' and then even rode on the Tower of Terror at MGM!! Which totally surprised me!! And then they were indignant, that they were not tall enough for the new coaster at Animal Kingdom and the Aerosmith coaster at MGM. But never fear, I feel a trip to Six Flags might need to happen this summer!!

Here are a couple of pics, enjoy!!


In the car on the way!!


Waiting for the Bus to the Magic Kingdom . . . Finally, into the Magic Kingdom!!

Gem just couldn't keep her eyes open, in fact, I have several pictures of her sleeping . . .
The Dumbo line was terrible!! It was not that long, but they were training some new people and I don't know what they were doing, but it took over an hour to ride Dumbo!!

The girls really loved Tom Sawyer's Island. In fact they went over the barrel bridge about 6 times!!

In Santa's Sleigh . . . next year's Christmas pic already!
They rode the teacups about 3 times!!
On Tuesday, we had lunch at Cinderella's Table! It is INSIDE the castle - which I had never been in before! All the Princesses joined us and it was really fun!
With Princess Aurora!
After seeing all the other kids with their faces painted, the girls were so excited when we finally got to the face painting place!! When they told us not to touch the paint for 5 minutes, I thought for sure it would all be smudged! But surprisingly, they did a great job and the paint lasted all day!! In fact, they both still had colored eyebrows the next day!!

Nana, Papa and the girls after they had their faces painted!
After the long day 2 at the Magic Kingdom!! We stayed for the parade and fireworks . . . all the girls were asleep!!
In front of Epcot! The girls liked the Test Track ride - but we were all too tired to really go around all the countries!
At the Character Breakfast in the Animal Kingdom!! Gem liked Mickey, but not Donald, Daisy or Goofy. But she smiled at Mickey!!
Gem, waving to Daddy!
Waiting for Pizza!!
The last night at MGM (or wait, Hollywood Studios as it is called now!)

Oh, and here is one of me . . . of course, I took all these pics . . . so I am always behind the camera!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

I do think all parents need a vacation after Dis...it's exhausting! It looks as if you saw it all and had a blast, I'm so jealous...somehow Massenutten in three weeks just doesn't do it for me, but atleast we'll have a water park.

And we went dining room furniture shopping so I'm happy about that :)

anyhoo, glad you're home, can't wait to really hear how it went, LOL :) just kidding!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

sounds like quality family time- also sounds really exhausting!!! is there a picture of you sleeping in the stoller? :-)
don't worry, it gets easier the older they are :-)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home