Friday, February 10, 2006

Ears, Ears, Ears

My ears hurt. When my girls get their next ear infection, I am going to be very sympathetic. Yesterday afternoon, I went to my 'real' doctor and she gave me different antibiotics becuase I felt like I was getting sick again. I started them last night and still today, you can still feel every lymph node in my throat and neck! Yuck! But I do feel okay today, I just feel guilty. Before when a and b have had ear infections I have not slowed down our schedule one bit - but every ear infection from now on will require two at-home-movie days becuase I understand the pain!!

The roofers came today!! YEAH! Because it is supposed to rain tomorrow!! So they banged away, and then they came inside to look at the attic because they said, "We ain't never seen a roof bulge like that before, it looks like you have a coffin under the shingles!" Hum, nice picture, but I guess we forgot to tell them we are a mafia family!! Just kidding about the mafia thing, but they were amazed that the roof had held all that water under the shingles without crashing through the plywood roof. Nice, Just what I always wanted was an indoor swimming pool! Anyway, they fixed it, we will pay their fees and hopefully, and we will only have to keep one child home from college!! Just kidding again!

Later today I am expecting a shipment of furniture. My stepdad Joe, has this antique table (complete with clawed feet) and buffet that he wanted us to have. It belonged to his grandparents and has been in the family ever since. His boys were not interested, but I thought, why not. However, now I will have two buffets, a china cabinet and a table that seats 20. Hum, I guess we will just have a really big dining room and use the family room in the front of the house to hold the overflow of furniture. But, we will be able to seat all of you for dinner when you come to visit. I will take pictures when I get it into the house! Poor Goose is going to loose his sofa, b/c it is not going to fit in beside the 78 inch long buffet/sideboard. DH said we could put the sofa under the deck in the backyard - maybe we have been living in GA too long!!

Okay, have a great weekend. I am bummed b/c it is going to rain and snow all morning tomorrow - and with my ear/throat/whatever infection I am going to sit it out. :( I really needed to burn all those calories. But there is another March 11th that runs around our mall and local favorite shopping center. It starts and ends at Starbucks - and I think that would be fun too. I can run by a Pottery Barn, Barnes and Noble, a movie theater, Toys R Us, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, DSW, Office Max, Babies R'us, Petsmart, Macys and the mall, Circuit City, Linens and Things, Old Navy, Target, about 20 restaurants, all the little stores between the big ones, Spa Sydell, Waffle House, and then a quiet road until we finish at the Starbucks. There will be lots to look and it is mostly flat!! Maybe I will call it my "Material Girl Run!" hehe - wish my body looked like Madonna's!! Did you see her perform at the Grammys? Wow! Okay, I am getting random now, 'talk' to you all later!! K outie

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

yeah I was thinking that run sounded more like a shopping trip! LOL

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home