Monday, December 18, 2006

Just checking in!

Hi everyone, I am procrastinating, as usual!! So I grabbed the laptop and thought, hum, blog that takes up time!!! I really don't want to clean up the house nor do I want to cook dinner - but I need to do both!!

My dad comes on Saturday and even if I am not too worried about what the house looks like for him, I just heard from DH's family from Maryland - that they would like to come by and visit. We actually have family in Augusta, the Maryland group are driving down to visit them and would like to come here for some holiday fun!! AAGH, but don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to seeing them - I love that we will have some different visitors here - but NOW I HAVE TO CLEAN!! Dh's grandmother's identical twin sister will be coming here - so I just want to make sure she has only good things to report back to Richmond!!

Funny story of the week - we told the girls that they were going to have a brother/sister soon. All because B kept telling me that I was getting fat. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but she kept doing it in public, usually in a line - and then people would look at me. I would turn red and blush because it is just so embarrasing to be called fat. Baby A took the news well - and told me that she would like to have a tiny baby in her tummy too (See last post for my fears of 4 going on 16.) I told she would have to wait a VERY long time for that. But B just insisted that I am eating too many cookies and there is no baby. Okay, so I do love Christmas cookies and maybe I have eated a few too many this year, but she is in denial!! Still, a few days after the fact, she insists there is no new baby - becuase she doesn't like babies. KIDS!!

So I should focus on some positive things about the holidays to get me through the cleaning . . . and my favorite things about Christmas include . . .

1. Christmas Pudding! My mom made it every year for us and now I make it!! It involves rasins, currents, bread crumbs and spices! I love it!! Next time any of you come to visit I will make it for you - no matter when you are here!!
2. Our nativity! Dh's grandmother made an amazingly pretty nativity that we put out every year - it looks a lot like the one that I grew up with! And amidst the craziness of the season I love that it reminds me of why we celebrate Christmas in the first place!
3. Christmas morning - crazy piles of wrapping paper, coffee, laughter from the girls and everyone wearing pj's until 1:00pm and not caring!!
4. The star on top of our tree is a moravian glass star and it is beautiful - in fact I keep it out year round on the bookshelves b/c I like to look at it so much!
5. The Grinch, Frosty and Rudolph!!

What are your favorite things about Christmas??

2 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

time off from school, fun road trips:-D, yummy treats!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

lights on houses (the tackier the better!), snowmen, carolers, christmas songs!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home