Tuesday, May 15, 2007

1st Trip to L and D!

Well, I did not deliver today - but I spent the afternoon in Labor and Delivery!! Fun, Fun!! As I was picking up the girls from school - I had a MAJOR contraction and felt something leak . . . (TMI - I KNOW) so I called my doctor. I thought she would say come to my office, but no, go to L and D to get checked out. They hooked me up to monitors and sure enough, I am contracting, regularly but my water has not broken yet. They said the baby must have just pushed down really hard on my bladder, nice huh! My contractions were not increasing in strength or in timing - but the nurses do not think that I will make it until next Thursday. They were glad to hear that my mom was coming this weekend! HUM!! Guess I should pack my bag now, you think??

So I am sitting here, contracting gently. Watching American Idol. The washing machine is going - but I have no clue what to bring with me. I really need to go and buy some new pj's - since I sleep in old college t-shirts and boxers... and that really won't look too nice in the hospital . . . but maybe I can get those from the hospital women's store - on the way in!! Last time, I was living in the hospital so I didn't have to worry about anything - it was all there. So let me know, the one or two things that you couldn't live without in the hospital, and quickly!! HEHEHE

3 Comments:

Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

Oh Karen how exciting!! my essentials included my own pillow, ducky jammies (nothing to nice from the waiste down though!!!!they might get recked!!!(TMI). Also a Slurppy from 7-11 after delivery was a must have :-) I'm praying for you and "Thirstin/Khara" Good luck!!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

i didn't need much either time -- i was only there about 24 hours with both kids. i guess what i really needed was CHAPSTICK. yay for karen and baby c!!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

oh BOY oh BOY.....um...definitely pjs or new fun soft t's and lounge pants, fun socks, dessert from your favorite lil' bistro, hmmm what else??? pillow, cosmetic bag, oh I'm so excited, can't wait to hear from ya.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home