Sunday, October 07, 2007

Alive, and somewhere in Virginia

HI! I am alive, really. I am at my mom's house and she only has DIAL-UP!! It is killing me, so she is watching the kids while I visit the 'local' internet coffee house. I must say it is nice hanging out somewhere without the kids, but DIAL-UP!!

Anyway, we are in VA for a little while. DH's dad had two tumors removed from his good kidney last week. So we drove up so dh could be with him. Then I told his mom that the girls and I would come up to take care of FIL while he recovered. Anyway, so I am visiting my mom this week, I am going to see my dad next weekend and then I will be in Richmond until the 21st. Whew, that seems like a long time!! And inlaws, have DIAL-UP too!! Yikes, this is going to be a long month!! But FIL law is doing great, the surgeons managed to leave him with 2/3 of his kidney. So plus the 2/3 of his other kidney (from the last kidney tumor) he is doing fine so far. He has VHL - VonHippel Lindau disease, so he gets tumors frequently. Luckily, these tumors were not cancerous - whew again!

So, anyway, I am almost out of coffee. Have a good month, yikes. Hopefully I will get back here at least once this week. It is really nice, I don't think I can bring the brood in here, but I might just have to try. I am not addicted really. . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

we're missing you and wishing you a safe trip. btw-what kind of minivan do you drive and do you like it? would you get another one just like it?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!! called you. call me if you get a chance on my cell :)

5:02 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

MINIVAN??? am i the last hold out? oh no... :o)
dial up is so 2000. ha ha! hope you are somewhat enjoying your trip!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home