Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Day. The Night. The Song that would never end.

Well, yesterday started out perfectly. I slept in and dh took care of the girls. When I woke up we worked on moving the 'big' girls little toys upstairs. We moved all the furniture in the guest bedroom and put the girls doll house and new bookcase for toys in there! The girls asked if they could camp in their tent in there that night, and we said - SURE!!

So I went and had a haircut and color. I didn't get home until after 6 so we all went out for a wonderful dinner at our local Mexican restaurant! We came home, set up the tent and put the girls down to bed. They talked for a long time, but that was okay, because dh and I watched out newest Netflix movie. (Catch and Release - and it was cute) Then we watched the end of the NFL playoff game and went to bed.

The first mistake was going to bed so late. What were we thinking 12:00 is too late for us!! So after about two hours of sleep there is a LARGE bang. I jump out of bed and I can't find any reason for the bang. Just Goose, the dog, panting and farting in the middle of our room. Well, he keeps panting and I hear him getting up and moving around. He is breathing so loudly that neither dh nor myself can sleep. So I figure he must have to go pee. So I get out of bed and notice that he is limping, badly. His front paw is just suspended in front of him. But he is very agitated. So, dh gets up and carries Goose down the stairs. He goes outside, pees and then lies down in the grass. After helping him up and getting him inside. We leave Goose downstairs. He is still panting and walking on three legs.

Dh and I went back to bed. But just as soon as I am about to fall asleep, 20 minutes later, I hear the big girls are up, Gem is crying b/c she is hungry and Goose has limped back up the stairs and is panting at the gate at the top of the stairs. I opened the gate, let him up and fed Gem. But while I am feeding Gem, one of the 'big girls' is calling me. So I tell her that I am feeding Gem and to get Daddy. Now, we are ALL UP!!

I finish with Gem, Dh is back in bed after helping with sleeping bags but poor Goose is just sitting in our doorway panting! So, we decide that Goose needs medical attention. But Gem wakes back up. Poor dh got her to go back to sleep and takes a shower (5:00AM by now?) I go and research where to take Goose because our internet is down. (We unplugged the router while we were rearranging the new playroom!) I found one, call and get directions and . . .

Off dh and the poor dog go. I went back to bed. But I was WIDE awake. So I finally fell asleep. 8:00 AM the phone rings, dh and Goose are coming home. Goose has slammed his knee into our bed and severely irratated/injured his arthritic knee. The vet thinks he has loosened some cartilage. He has given him a pain killer and the poor dog has no CLUE where he is. So now we have to ice/heat his knee for the next couple of days, keep him on pain killers and not let him play for a couple of weeks.

Then, as if magic the rest of the house wakes up. The big girls and the little one and the day starts. But I am not sure if yesterday really ever ended! Lets hope that the rest of the day is uneventful and that we all sleep tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

ugh... i HATE nights like that! i hope you can "catch up" on sleep sometime soon!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

man, you guys are exciting. all we do at night is sleep :-) just kiddin' we've had never ending nights before with sick kids-they suck! (the never ending nights, not the kids)
-it's too early, i shouldn't post comments this early....

3:34 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

oh my I'm so sorry. I hope Goose is okay!!!!!!!!!!

wow!

I hate it when no one sleeps...I'm shocked you could go back to bed, I could never do that.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home