Thursday, March 23, 2006

JUMPS!!

Well, it is a cold, overcast day here in the ATL. So much for the awesome week we had last week when I started working on my tan - really, I have lines from my tennis tanktop already!!

But today, I was inside all morning at the rink , and BOY, did I have fun. I had a lesson, and since I am having some trouble with my new blades - we didn't do any spinning. But we did do JUMPS!! WOOHOO!! I did singles of Salchows and Toe Loops!! Yeah, it was so much fun!! My coach showed me what to do, I was cautious at first, and then I just threw them!! I love jumping, it was amazing. I really think that ice skating is the closest you can come to flying!! I am having such a high!! I was really tired when I was done today, but I just want to get back out on the ice, who can babysit for me tomorrow??

My new blades are not quite as rounded as my old blades - and I cannot center myself in a spin at all. It is really frustrating. Because I worked so hard on them for the last few weeks, I got my new skates - and no good spins. So my coach suggested that I take my old blades off my old boots and put them on my new ones. So I will have to run to the proshop before I tutor tonight. They have the worst hours there, 4pm-9pm m-f. I mean, who really shops during dinner time?? But the girls love to watch the skaters - so it is always fun for them to come with me.

Now, for my shallow discussion for the day, I have to figure out how to pay for skating once the school year is over. Right now, I just use my tutoring money for ice time, lessons and the girls are at school. So now, I need to find a way to make money in the summer to cover skating and babysitting. I know of all the things in the world that are going on, here I am worried about this. But I am seriously addicted to this skating rush - so, if you have any ideas, please share them with me. Maybe I could get a job on the weekends?? Hum, think Food Lion is hiring again??

Hope you are all doing well!! Smile, its almost the weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home