Sunday, August 20, 2006

THE SALE is over!!

Whew, what a week! I am so glad that the club consignment sale is over!! Amazing, even with the new location and publicity issues, we still managed to make around $44, 000 in 6 hours!! I am really HAPPY about that! Okay, so the club only gets to keep 10% of that, we still made a tidy little profit for events and charity work!! I am very proud!! We were competing with about 7 other consignment sales this weekend, but since we often have two or three of everything, we seem to attract alot of repeat buyers each year!
I am exhausted though! Friday, I did start with a massage at Spa Sydell, shopping and lunch, but then the madness began! We managed to transform a gymnasium that houses three gyms into a packed sale!! We have so much stuff - it was crazy! We had a seperate cashier area - that did not have air conditioning, but, heh, nothing can go as planned everytime!! And after getting home at midnight on Friday, I was up and out of here by 6:00A.M. Saturday - for the sale day itself!! And if I never hear anyone say "KAREN" again, I will be fine. But there was only one wacky customer, but I didn't have to set the police on her! Well, I should have set the fashion police on her, she was wearing overly-washed purple slouch socks with black shorts. OH. Now I do know that stretch pants and long shirts with belts are stylish, but I am not ready for the 'slouch' sock. Those just . . . I am not that forward thinking yet. (I did try on stretch pants and an oversized shirt on Friday, but NO!! I am just too short to pull that look off!! LOL, all 5'2 of me!)
So that is my update for today, it is nice not to have anything to do . . . just a lazy day with a long sleep-in since dh got up with the girls!! He has had such a good time with them this weekend. He took off Friday, and took them to the jumpzone and then shopping! Yesterday, they went to a nature preserve for a 'hike,' came to the sale and then went shopping again (his idea of shopping consists of CompUSA and Fry's Electronics,) but hey, the girls had a blast. They keep asking me what they are going to do today, yikes, I can't keep up with all that!!

So have a good day! Talk to you all later! (Oh, and I was tired off the old blog look, so it got a make-over today, even I am out of style, at least my blog can change!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

yeah I am so glad you're done! Now how much did you make??? was is good!? Sounds like you had fun at the spa and shopping too, your hubby loves you so much :)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home