Saturday, August 26, 2006

Where in the World was I last night??

I am going to give you a couple of clues from where I was last night. . .

1. It was loud. . .

2. I saw women with mullets or big bangs with tapered leg jeans. . .

3. I saw men in tight leather pants with ripped t-shirts and hair that hadn't been cut since 1986 . . .

4. The band used to dress like girls with gobs of makeup and spandex . . . and had a big following in the 80's . . .

5. Bret Michaels, Rikki Rockett, C.C. DeVille . . .

6. If you ate the name of the band - it would kill you!!





Did you guess????









Yup, A POISON concert!! It was wild!! And so much fun! Am I joking, no!! I never really realized just how many Poison songs I knew!! So, how did I get there? One of my friends had an extra ticket and couldn't find anyone else that wanted to go!! So I volunteered - and I was entertained!! Now, honestly, dh should have gone, he had already been to three Poison concerts when he was a kid. (Picture, middle school dh - rocking out!! Too cute!) But I had a ball - and I was home by 12:30 - those old men just couldn't rock out for too long!! I did enjoy Unskinny Bop, Every Rose has its Thorn, Your Mama don't Dance and Nothin' but a Good Time!

But the people that went to the concert were TOO FUNNY! It was the best people watching I have done in a long time!! Most of the people that were there, looked like they had not changed since Poison had a number one hit!! It was a time warp - back to a very ugly time! Mullets, c'mon women! Big HAIR! Bleached HAIR!! We went with two hairdresses, and they were afraid if it rained, we would get swept away in a sea of hairspray and perm solutions! Now the men either had long, nasty hair or no hair! And I saw my fair share of beer bellies!! In honor of Poison's 20 year career of loud, repetitive music I have a few old Poison pics for you!!



4 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

so fun!!! they came to dallas (or are coming) and i thought that would be a crazy fun evening. did i ever tell you about my metal phase back in 9th grade? posters covered my wall of poison, slaughter, nelson, cheap trick, G&R, queensryche, etc...good times!

found an interesting website for you: http://www.bighairmetal.com/

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

you are too fun! I can't wait to hear more about it :) so crazy :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger MochaPrincess said...

Oh my...I'll bet it was a lot of fun. 12:30.....Wow!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

i STILL love poison... so not ashamed to admit it. i have their greatest hits on my ipod and play it often.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home