Thursday, August 31, 2006

Whew

I am tired today!! I am finally back on the ice after a three week tailbone recovery! I felt like a rusty-old skater! My edge work was sloppy and I cheated on my jumps! But BOY WAS IT FUN!! A group of us regulars were fooling around trying crazy kid moves!! I actually did bunny hops and lunges, straight from the 4-5 year old skater class!! But it was a great workout - my legs felt like jello after I got off the ice! When I wasn't being silly I actually did manage to do some jump combinations - Waltz-salchow, waltz-toe loop and waltz,toe,salchow - hey, I'm 30 - it impresses me!!!

There is an adult skating competition this weekend here in GA - and some of the adults asked if I was skating!! Um, good for the ego - but no. I am not competing. I just bought a skating skirt, you want me to pick skating music too?? (By the way, anyone have any suggestions for music without words?)

The girls love being back at school. But little A was so tired today, she just kept crying . . . not a hurt cry, but an exhausted wail. We have also had two nights of really loud thunderstorms in the middle of the night, so neither the girls nor, dh and I have truly slept all night this week. They are napping right now, so hopefully this afternoon will be better!!

Okay, so Webslinger is getting ready to go to the hospital, right now as we speak!! I am so excited for her and her family!! Now, there is a family that will go without sleep this week!! That is what a newborn will do - keep everyone up!! So much fun, I am a little jealous!! Just a little. Okay I am outie, Karen

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

what about the final song in Saved the Last Dance? does that have words? Its retro and funky and hip :) YEAH I can't believe Sum is on her way..can't wait to hear the news! :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger annette said...

oh, kel, good choice! it does have words but who cares!:)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home