Sunday, September 03, 2006

Andre . . .




I am watching the saddest thing, ever, on tv. Andre Agassi, just lost his last match at the US Open. I have a lump in my throat, because it is Andre. My favorite player of all-time. Oh my, he is so gracious. I just want to hug him, he is THE tennis man!

He used to have long hair and his picture was on my favorite t-shirt that I wore to tennis camp in 8th grade. He had an earring and an attitude that was so un-tennis like at that point in tennis - that was completely cool. There is one song that we used to listen to on the way to tennis camp, Life is a Highway by Tom Cochrane. That was the first summer that I had ever had friends that could drive. We used to speed the whole way to camp - blasting this song as loud as we could. We all would wear our Agassi tees - and dream of being as good a player as Agassi. And he is only 6 years older than me, he was already winning major titles, when I was just learning to play. So since I couln't find this song to post here, here are some of the lyrics for you...

Here are Whooo umm yeah...
Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside ev'ry darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate
To break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today

[Chorus:]
Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long

Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights

Knock me down get back up again
You're in my blood
I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors,

So that is all, I will miss watching Agassi play tennis. But I wish him a happy life in retirement with his family and friends. Bye, Agassi.




1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Konner has a a message for Faith, he said "He loves Grace, and Grace, He got a sandbox"....already a player...this isn't good. Kids a so weird.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home