Sunday, April 22, 2007

blah blah blah blah blah

I am supposed to be writing my 'president' article for the newsletter. I just have nothing to write about. I start, and then I end up at Virginia Tech. I need some lighthearted writing - this newsletter goes out pretty much to moms of kids that are under 5ish. Aagh, writers block/tragedy on the mind is really horrible.

So I am going to tell you about my weekend: Yesterday, the zoo. Elephants, zebras, baby gorillas and a baby panda. Then lunch, kangaroos and a creepy petting zoo. After the zoo, nap. Then the girls played outside and we went to dinner at Chipotle's (Moe's wannabe.) DH and I watched a Virginia Tech special and both ended up in tears. (See it always goes back to Tech)

Today - I was nesting. I cleaned all the rooms upstairs. I even cleaned the laundry room. Do you know how messy your washing machine can get? I pulled the fabric softener thing in the middle out and underneath it had about a 1/2 inch of softener buildup. No more fabric softener here. Actually I started using Trader Joe's Detergent, since it works well for cloth diapers, and everything seems to be getting clean, even the girls stuff. Then after that the girls played outside and again, dh and I were too unmotivated to cook so we went out AGAIN!! We had a fantastic pizza at a real pizza place. No frozen or delivery tonight!! Now the girls are in bed, dh is watching the Simpsons and I am stumped.

Tomorrow I am taking the girls to Monkey Joe's in the morning. Then they have ice skating in the afternoon. Then I have the mom's market for the twins club at night. Sounds busy. But that is all for the week... Anybody hear the crickets chirping, probably not, since they are in my head and I still can't think of anything to write. . . .

Maybe I could write about the missing blogger . . . Skettie??? Okay, back to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

sounds like you had fun at the zoo...I'm jealous of the pizza...although I did have Gumbys on Saturday..it was free on the drillfield...so good ;)

miss you. Looks like I'm not going to get down there before Jack is born... (noticed how I named him :))

Hope you're day isn't as crazy as it sounds, off to wake up the kiddos and bring them to school.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

I like the name Jack too! but then again i know a pretty terrific, smart, handsome, fun boy named Jack so maybe i'm influenced by that :-)
Cheers!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

it's a GIRL, you sillies! :o) not a jack. glad you had a good time at the zoo... or at least the girls did!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home