Wednesday, October 12, 2005

10K

A couple of weekends ago I ran my first 10K!! I didn't stop - I ran the whole way!! And to top it all off - I wasn't last!! YEAH!! If you know me- you are thinking that there is no way - that I ran over 6 miles - and if you saw me in May - you are thinking - there is no way!! And honestly I have always dreaded and hated running. It seemed like a waste of time, too much work, and too much sweat!! However, I started slowly to get into shape - running for a minute and then two minutes until I could do 3 miles without stopping. I can't take the credit - b/c I followed a program on www.coolrunning.com and it worked for me!! I still run like a turtle (@12 minute mile) - and I know - create a running distance base and then work on my time!! So I have another 10k coming up in November - and it is in downtown ATL - which will be really fun to run around!! But I will be working on my time for the Peachtree Road Race next summer - which attracts runners from around the world - so that I can at least maybe create a personal best - and run like a fast turtle! Boy this sounds like an infomercial!! I just love my new hobby!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

I'm so proud of you...Now I just need to get into shape.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home