Tuesday, January 03, 2006

and the drama continues . . .

Hi Everyone! So to finish of the Drama story . . .

The Grouch never called back, so my dh was just stewing and churning over what he wanted to say to the man. Finally, dh walked over and saw that the cars were there! And he rang the doorbell.
dh "Hi Grouch, I just wanted to talk to you about what happened the other night at our house"
gr "Yes, I got your message, I assumed you were coming over to apologize for Karen yelling at us."
dh "No, I came over because, you scared my children and the babysitter when you pounded on the door for three minutes."
gr "I did not"
dh "Well, when we got home our babysitter told us how she asked you all to stop the fireworks and then you came over and pounded on the door and she felt threatened."
gr "I knocked."
dh "She described it as pounding"
gr "Well, I started softly and then nobody answered and then I rang the doorbell."
dh "How many times?"
gr "A couple or so."
dh "Well, you scared my family and the babysitter - so I think you need to apologize to my sitter."
gr "I don't think so, i went over with the intention of apologizing for the fireworks - in my heart of hearts, I was doing the right thing."
dh "You don't understand, you scared the babysitter, a 16 year girl was terrified by the pounding on the door."
gr "If it makes you feel better (dh) I'll come over - is she at your house now?
dh "No, she is next door."
gr "OH, well I am not apologizing to her. No way, that whole family is crazy, the mother is the worst teacher and the kids are loud. And when she was yelling at us she dropped the f-bomb. So no way."
dh "It doesn't matter who it was sitting - you owe them an apology."
gr "I am not doing it (this is the part where he badmouthed the family for the next 10 minutes using bad language with his kids right there) and she is just crazy. You listen to the sitter and her mother and you think that is the whole story."
dh "No, my wife talked to the neighbors hosting the party, they told us what happened too and it matched the sitters story. If she is so crazy can you give me some examples of things she has done?"
gr "Well, (then he goes on about the family - generalizations no examples)
dh "Okay, you need to apologize, no matter who it is."
gr "Well, for the icing on the cake to this matter I will."
dh "Thank you."

End of conversation. DH was shaken up - he said that he might have been a little mad but that the grouch was just going around and around in circles. Dh couldn't believe how grouch's story and tone changed the minute he heard who the sitter was. I mean he claimed that she cursed at him - but when he thought it was me - that was not part of the story. So, the sitter still has not gotten her apology and her 'crazy' mother is just waiting until she sees him to give her opinion about his behavior. Oh, we live on, like, High School Wisteria Lane!!

Have a great day, I had to start another blog for the twin sale - so check it out - I made it under another name b/c I like just having my two readers here and crazy club memebers somewhere else~!
www.kcsaleblog.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

yesh! the drama!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

that's insane...what an idiot! Thankful my little wisteria lane is pretty mellow.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

very helpful consignment blog...I passed it on to the president of the twins club here :)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home