Monday, January 02, 2006

Drama, Drama, Drama

Year day 2 - Rain
Yes folks, it is 65 degrees and stormy today. I really can't believe it is January- this is more like April!!

I did feel better on New Year's Eve and my dh and i went out with our friends. We had a fun dinner and rang in the New Year with noisemakers and champagne. Very typical evening. But then we came home and our babysitter was wild eyed and shaky. She apologized to me saying that the girls had just gone back upstairs to bed. I told her that was fine, and then she told me about the night.
8:00 - A and B went to bed without problems
12:00 - the drunk neighbors started shooting off fireworks
12:01 - A and B wake up scared and crying - Goose is cowering between babysitters legs
12:05 - Babysitter yells out the door for the neighbors to stop the fireworks b/c the girls are scared (I think the picture here in your mind should be a wild woman, with long dark hair, taller than dh, screaming like a teenager mad at her parents)
12:07 - They stopped the fireworks b/c the lawn across the street catches on fire ( small fire.) Then the Neighborhood grouch begins banging on our door and repeatedly ringing the doorbell, girls are still crying, Goose is still cowering. Babysitter scared.
12:09 - Guy still banging on the door, babysitter calls mom and asks if she should call 911, b/c she is too scared to answer the door (don't blame her.) Now, her mom knows the grouch and told her to wait, finally the guy leaves and sitter puts on cartoons and gives the girls some juice.
12:20 - Apparently A and B tell the sitter, "We okay now!" and run upstairs and back to bed.
12:45 - We get home and she tells us this story
12:50 - I take her home (next door) and then walk down to the house where I see that the neighborhood party is still going.

So I got the story from one relatively sober neighbor who apologized for scaring the girls. He said they stopped the fireworks as soon as I yelled at them. What? I yelled? I said no, that wasn't me, I am not 6'2 with long hair. And don't you think I might have walked outside and talked with them like an adult?? Anyway, I asked where the grouch was, since he was really the one I wanted to see. But he had gone home and the lights were out. When I got home DH was pretty mad about a grown man banging on the door after midnight and scaring his kids and the sitter. And he plans to go over first thing in the morning and talk to him.

Later that morning 8:30AM: the cars in Grouchland are gone. Dh worked in garage and driveway almost all day lying in wait for grouch. I think dh was establishing his territory. It was really cute. But in the end, about 6:00 pm he called and left a message for the man to call back regarding the incident with our babysitter. (I wonder what his wife will think??)

So what a start to the New Year. I think dh just wants the man to apologize to our sitter. I mean who pounds on the door in the middle of the night. Even if we had been home - we don't have to answer the door. He should have knocked a couple of times and left (the babysitters mom told us she could hear him banging on the door over the phone - so it was loud.) And we would like to talk with him before we resort to, oh, say, toilet papering his house! (Just kidding, kinda.)

Happy New Year!! I resolve to eat healthy, continue running, and when that doesn't work don't worry because life is too short and too precious to spend it worrying about negatives when there is so much good in my life to thank GOD for! Love ya' all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

yesh, that guy's psycho! i would be terrified!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home