Thursday, March 30, 2006

OWW!!

Well, ladies, I don't know why my blog looks wierd?? I don't know if I messed up the the html or what - who knows . . . but I am so tired and sore tonight. I know, stop talking about the ice skating Karen, but tonight it is a sad story. It was all going well today, got my old blades back, did my jumps, and my edge work, could spin again and then I started working on spirals. You know when the skaters skate on one foot and either put their free leg up in the air?? Well, I can do the ones when I put my leg out behind me in little bit greater than a 90 degree angle. Forwards, Backwards - all good. Then I see this teenager doing a heel-stretch one - skating on one foot and holding their ankle and technically putting up by her ear. Okay, I can do that standing on the ground, and I thought, what the heck . . . wow, I did it! Not totally straight but decent for a first try. And then I felt confident, pulled the leg up and oh, embarrasing, my blade slipped out from under me and I landed in a very, very loud crash, right on my BUM!! OUCH - it smarted like, um, I really can't describe it. But now I wish I had a pillow to sit on, I think I might go and get one.

And tomorrow I have to go and wait at the airport and then sit in a airplane seat for 2 hours, my bum is aching just thinking about it!! It is my Dad's 60th birthday and his girlfriend is throwing him a surprise birthday party. On a boat, at night . . . so no kids are coming, dh is having a dad and me weekend, and I will be scared the whole time because I am terrified of dark water. Don't know why, just hate it. So say a little prayer for me and my sanity (heck, include my bum if you feel like it.) So I hope he doesn't read this blog, I doubt it, but if he does, SURPRISE!! Have a great weekend!! I will be back Monday . . . but maybe Kel will hijack this blog with something!!

Boy, after I reread this I realize I sound like a whiner - sorry - just one of those days!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

owie...this time I don't want to see any pictures of your bruised bum!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home