Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Perfection . . .

Kelli just wrote this beautiful post about God, perfection and his love. And I just finished, perfectly writing 'Happy 60th Birthday Grandpa' on a special plate for my dad. It looked great, and then I told the girls what I wanted them to do - draw hearts and sqiggles in the middle of the plate only. . . I gave them the permanent markers . . . and now it looks as if there is a permanent glop of messy noodles . . . all over the plate.

Thanks Kelli, and the girls thank you too, although they don't know it. After we got permanent marker on their cute princess capris pants and everywhere on the plate that I didn't want it, a very wound-up Mommy took them up to take a bath. I poured the water, got them in the tub, then I sat down in the hallway outside the bathroom (I can see them - don't worry) and turned on my laptop and read your blog. And I felt a little silly and shallowish, for worrying about the 'perfect' plate and much calmer because I had a whole new perspective on the situation. My perfect plate - maybe not what I had envisioned, but I know it will bring my dad a smile and a little bit of happiness each time he uses it. And the girls did what they wanted to do and I will have to praise them later when we show the plate to dh tonight about their art skills. So thank you, now I am a much calmer mommy, with a better attitude and the rest of the evening will go much smoother . . . now, what am I going to make for dinner?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

yeah I'm glad it encouraged you.

oh what is up with your blog, did you change your font or something?

5:02 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

what a great story!!! i LOVE your insights.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home