Wednesday, July 18, 2007

'Fluff' Post!

So I am going to dry again with my "Fluff" post. I am going to start over from scratch, so here we go!! (If you don't care about cute diapers, you don't have to read this!!) And I really need better pics, but Gem is tired of modeling!!

I love to dry my diapers outside in the sun, but we keep having rain showers pop up, so I hang them to dry in my laundry room, or just put them in the dryer!! But if I am saving the environment by not clogging up the landfills, I should be energy conscious too, hummm.






I love to use the Bum Genius All-in-ones when we are outside of the house(You can see them hanging to dry in the first picture!) But when we are home the easiest and cheapest diaper is the good old prefold. These are the diapers that are parents used on us. They are soft and do not stain easily!! And if they do, I just put them in the sun for a day and voila, no more stain!! They are made of plain cloth, that you fold around and then put a cover on!
Covers are so cute! They are not made of rubber but soft cotton and a laminated fabric. I am also going to order a minkie one, here, I think the pink on chocolate, but they have a bunch of new fabrics that I need to browse!!

This is an newborn prefold, but we have finally graduated to the bigger size, infant (not pictured here though!)


This is the prefold 'snappied' instead of pinned! You just stretch it across and it holds onto the fabric! NO PINS!!

Covers are so cute! They are not made of rubber but soft cotton and a laminated fabric. I am also going to order a minkie one, here, I think the pink on chocolate, but they have a bunch of new fabrics that I need to browse!! (Let me know which one you like!!)
This is her plain yellow Thirsties cover!! We have used it since she was newborn and it still fits her!! But it is getting to the end of the aplix, so I do have bigger ones in pinks (They are hanging to dry in the second laundry room pic!!)



Our new nighttime diapers are pocket diapers. I only have two of these because I wasn't sure if I would like the, but I do!! Since Gem is sleeping for 5-6 hours at time at night, these last the whole time and keep her feeling totally dry!! I have a pink one and one with polka dots! I need some more of these!!! Oh, and I don't have a picture but the newest diaper that I have to try is Gem's Happy Hempy!! It is the softest thing you have ever felt and it should last her up to 12 hours!! Gotta love hemp!!



But that is all for now!! Thanks for letting my crazy 'granola' side shine through for a minute!!



4 Comments:

Blogger Pa KnitWit said...

God Bless your energy! I applaud your efforts! and i'm so glad Gem is so fashionable :-)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

she is the cutest thing ever...okay that's it, I HAVE TO COME IN AUGUST...I must see that baby! eeek!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

as for the minkies, get an orange one and embroider VT on the bum....so adorable!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

what a great model... so patient! those diapers are really really cute and i like them all!!

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home