Saturday, January 07, 2006

And so the era of the Vick brothers comes to an end . . .

Go Virginia Tech President Steger! I am so surprised that in the battle of morals vs. money - Morals won yesterday. Marcus Vick kicked off the hokies?? WOW. Down here in the ATL we only hear about his big brother so we had no clue (except for Kel's blog) about the mess brewing in B-burg. We assumed that Vick got away with the nasty foot stomp and since there was no foul that it didn't 'happen.' But in the world of college football - releasing a big name player really surprises me. I have no words - so we will see what happens to the Hokies team. I know that Beamer has to have ideas about what to do if this happens. We will be waiting to see who warms up at the spring scrimage - so Kel, save the date - we want a first hand account of the scrimage!!

Today is dh's 30th birthday! We went last night to a swanky dessert place last night. (Our sitter came over - and there were no fireworks!) We had the most fantastic cheesecakes and I know that I need to get up off the couch now and go do my Saturday long run. But I feel like I have 'cheesecake' belly - and those miles - don't look so fun this morning . . .
But I could take the girls to the Y b/c they have childcare . . . Fine, I'm going . . . really, really.

2 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

did you go run? you go girl! i'm so proud of you, you are my inspiration!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

she does rock doesn't she :) YES I am proud of VT, more proud then I have ever been going to that school :)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home