Saturday, April 01, 2006

Oooh I feel so sneaky...

I could really change her blog around....LOL. That would be wrong but oh so funny! Love you girl.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you about my friend. My confident, the one that I call just for no reason, the person I must here from weekly, sometimes daily just because I know she'll make me laugh. She's my kindred spirit, more than my roommate from college, she's my twin--if I were a twin (although we resemble Arnold and Danny from the movie TWINS rather than Parent Trap...but still), she's the person I know will be for me as she would anyone. MY BF FOREVER...KAREN.

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT KAREN:
--she has a little voice in her head...I like to think of it as the funny me but really it's the great version of Karen that comes out in everything she does.
--she pretty much is always in a good mood, even when she's annoyed with someone, she makes it happy (if you figure out Karen how to bottle that...send me some)
--she can do anything....I am thinking when Martha stewart went to Jail and lost a bit of her umph...she sent it to Karen. She can quilt, paint, alter stuff...now get to scrapbooking! :)
--she encourages me all the time and inspires me to love life and BE...LIVE.
--she is absolutely gorgeous....the girl has the most beautiful smile and laugh I know. OH I'd do anything to live next door to her.
--wouldn't you kill for hair that shiny! Oh her dark hair is so great, it never looks dull and split ended like mine
--she's a great mom. she plays with girls, comes up with projects for them when it rains or just for fun, she takes them outside, she inspires them to live
--she's funny...I can't be alone with her for 1 minute without laughing about something
--she's real...when she's hurting, she may not reveal it right away but after processing she talks about it and lets you know "hey, I'm not perfect."

THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM KAREN:
--you really can study and watch TWISTER
--all I ever wanted to know about mo-mo TWINS (I'm sure that wasn't her choice...but blessings have come from it)
--survival...KAREN is and always will be a survivor, her mom and dad raised her right, I'm not sure I could've gone through what she went through and make it out whole, and maybe she isn't quite whole...but that's what happens when something that tragic occurs and somehow you gain a new part of you...and for Karen she now has two amazing daughters....it takes my breath away just thinking about how God works :)
--Goonies is a philosophy for life
--Dawson's Creek is a show that actually was good and people should watch it
--there is someone out there like me, who understands me and loves me and accepts me for all the weird and annoying things I do.

There is so much more I love and cherish about my beautiful friend. She's bold and strong. She is disciplined and successful. She loves being outside and knows about stuff....she's so stinkin' smart. Not only is she academically gifted but she has common sense! She can live within her means, she accepts challenges head on, she goes the distance for those she loves.

KAREN---my kindred spirit...my soul mate. I love you girl. What a great thing the Lord did placing you across the hall from me going on 11 years ago. As we begin this portion of our lives...head into our 30s (eeek, that just sounds old), may the Lord never part us and may we continue to grow closer. Thanks for always being there, even when you are 7 hours away!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

What a beautiful post and how blessed you are to share such a great friendship!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

oh, that almost made me cry! and that picture is so beautiful!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

what a blessing to have such awesome friendships!

ck

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home