Saturday, January 21, 2006

Preschool insanity

I got the girls in the preschool class I wanted for next year!! YEAH! I was at the school at 5:00AM and there were already 13 people there in front of us! By 7:00 there were 108 names on the list! CRAZY!! You would think that the school was raising 'little einsteins' but it is just a well run school with good teachers and a good director! My friend Natalie and I sat in her car and watched "Must Love Dogs" on her dvd player. We had coffee and breakfast - I have to admit it was an okay way to spend the morning - if you have to be out waiting at 5:00 AM. Now, there was a list of names, and they make you get in the order of the list when it is time for registration at 9:00. It was raining and people stayed outside, standing in the rain, even though they had already signed up on the list . . . they just seemed a little dumb. But we just watched them, from inside the dry car, and made fun of them. It was insane. And then, they found out at 8:00 that the church doors had been open the entire time!! Hehe, it was just too funny.

I went to another in-home party last night. My neighbor had a Spa night with some type of product. But I must say it really was the best in-home party that I have been to - because we had facials, she had aromatherapy burning and a spa-music CD. But oh-man was that stuff expensive!! It was unreal! I did buy a mint mask cream that you keep in the fridge for morning puffy eyes! (Which sometimes I wake up and my eyelids are so swollen I look like a Rocky after the last fight scene in Rocky 1.) So, we will see if it will work or if A and B are scared of me in my mint - green mask in the morning!!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's answers to my last blog!! It was so fun walking down memory lane . . . ahh, especially college. Well, Hokies, I hope that you all have a good evening - I am looking forward to going to bed, at say, um, 8:00 pm.

3 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

this reminds me of that scene from that movie "baby boom" where diane keaton is at the park with the other mothers talking about getting their kids into the right daycares, prep schools, etc. yesh!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Glad you got the class...I dropped mine off at the last possible minute and got in, but I'm in little ol' Lynchburg :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

ha ha! your blogs create such great mental pictures... those silly parents out in the rain when the door was unlocked!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home