Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SKATES!!


I bought new skates today!! YEAH! Well, I ordered them because they just don't keep that many of them in stock!! So in 7 - 10 days from now, I will be the proud owner of Reidell Silver Medallion Ice Skates!! So I spent all my Christmas money, my tutoring money and my mom is sending me the rest. She insisted that I only get good skates b/c she said she doesn't want me to have any foot problems or injuries related to cheap skates! (I love my mom!!) Yippee!!


But I learned that I can burn @600 calories ice skating for 90 minutes!! I am psyched!! That time on the rink is more than just amazing fun - I am burning tons at the same time!! Who said exercise had to be torture - you just have to find the right one!! When I was running at the gym this morning, it was hard, because I was watching the display. I need to run outside, skate at the rink and all the extra pounds that I still have to lose will melt away like an ice in the summer!! I am pretty excited - again - if you can't tell!
So . . . my resolution for the year is to get all of you doing something new, that you never thought you would do and love doing it!! And Annette my old skating coach is at an Ice Rink in Plano!!!! I think you might need to go visit her!! Summer - Valdosta/Alpharetta - not too far!! And Kelli - I think you doing Gymnastics with the Ukranian in VA sounds like a plan!
Anyway, need to go wipe a bum . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

yay for karebear!!! i can just hear the piped in classical music now...

4:23 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

i'm so excited that you found an exercise you like!! i wish couch potato-ing was classified as a sport.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home